Monday, April 7, 2008

3 Weeks and Counting Down... More walking than jogging, but still moving ahead

It's been a crazy few weeks. After stressing my right foot during a group run 2 weeks ago, I went and got new running shoes, which feel fabulous. However, before I could take them out for a spin, I pulled my back lifting Miranda into her crib. So, I was laying low (literally) for a few days, until our basement flooded, and we were consumed with that over the weekend. So for 2 weeks, training has been limited to neighborhood walks, some exercise bike at the Y, and light gardening. Not exactly the training regime they recommended!

But I'm still committed. It's fine to walk most of the race -- the whole point has been to raise awareness and raise money for a really good cause. I'm having a great time participating, and I'm looking forward to racing in less than three weeks!

No comments: