Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Maybe I'm not as far behind as I thought...

I realized something tonight about being in Durham -- I walk absolutely everywhere. Back and forth to the library, the cathedral, Robert's office, the pub for dinner, my bed & breakfast. All day long, up and down hills.

Ok, so this may not be the equivalent of a sustained 8-mile run (which I'm supposed to do this weekend, so I guess I'll be seeing a lot of Hackney!) But as I returned from the main library -- my second trip today -- I realized that I was walking faster than usual, and feeling good. I did a quick tally -- 2 trips to the library today, around 15 minutes each way, back and forth to the seminar this morning, walking up that oh-so-steep hill by the river, carrying my computer case & books... let's say I walked and jogged around 2 miles this morning, then walked at least 4 miles throughout the day today.

I don't feel quite so bad now!

No comments: